Welcome to Pregnancy Guide
Immediate Signs Of Pregnancy Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
You may also listen to this article by using the following controls.
10 Pregnancy Signs - “Am I or Aren’t I?”from: www.pregnancyexposed.com
Whether a woman is trying to become pregnant or dreading an unwanted pregnancy, all women are anxious to know the answer to the question: “Am I pregnant?” Some women just “have a feeling”, while others need to be reassured by various methods.
Most experts agree that there are about 10 pregnancy signs that a woman can check for to know if she is pregnant. The signs will vary from woman to woman, and some women may not even experience any of the ten pregnancy signs.
1. Period. Missing your period is most often the first of the ten signs of pregnancy. Many women have very irregular menstrual cycles, so it can take longer for them to realize whether or not they have actually missed their period; for women who are regular, though, a missed period is a very potent sign indicating pregnancy.
2. Fatigue. Often, a woman will feel extremely fatigued the first 8-10 weeks of pregnancy, due to all the changes her body is going through to accommodate a growing baby.
3. Tender breasts/nipples. This usually begins occurring about 3 weeks after conception.
4. Nausea and vomitting. This usually occurs as early as one week after conception.
5. Constipation. One of the effects of the high levels of various hormones released during your pregnancy is to relax the intestines; this makes them less efficient.
6. Light spotting and/or Cramping. Around ten days after ovulation, if you are pregnant, the embryo will attach to the uterine lining; at this point, light pink spotting can occur, which is easily differentiated from menstrual blood. Cramping can also occur while the uterus stars assuming its proper position for pregnancy.
7. Elevated basal body temperature. If basal body temperature remains raised past the time menstruation is due and does not decrease to levels typical of the period of time before ovulation, this is a sign of pregnancy.
8. Darkening areolas. Changes in the areas that ring the nipples (areola) is one of the 10 pregnancy signs. Around the time you would expect your period if you were not pregnant, you may notice that your areolas darken and get bigger; also, the tiny bumps scattered around the areola may enlarge and increase in number.
9. Urinating frequent. Because of changes in blood vessel dilation, pressure, and hormones, the blood flow to a woman’s kidney increases by up to 40% to 60%; this causes her to product more urine. Furthermore, the growing uterus exerts pressure on the bladder, causing the feeling of needing to urinate more frequently.
10. Positive pregnancy test. When your period is at least a day late, you may take a urine pregnancy test, which can be accurate as early as ten to fourteen days after fertilization. The most accurate of the 10 pregnancy signs, a blood pregnancy test does not require waiting for a missed period; this type of test is more accurate, giving relatively reliable results as early as eight to ten days after fertilization.
Christine Gray is a recognized authority on the subject of pregnancy. Her website Pregnancy Exposed provides a wealth of informative articles and resources on everything you will need to know about sign of pregnancy. All rights reserved. Articles may be reprinted as long as the content and links remains intact and unchanged.
Immediate Signs Of Pregnancy News
Changing guidelines - Waterbury Republican American
Waterbury Republican American
Waterbury Republican American
Recently the nation's society of high-risk obstetricians issued a new guideline recommending against the routine use of bed rest in pregnancy. The Society of Maternal-Fetal Medicine guideline said bed rest has not been proven to benefit any pregnancy ...
Top 16 Boys' Names With a Hint of Mischief - The Stir
Top 16 Boys' Names With a Hint of Mischief
Not only does this baby naming path express your family's personality, it will leave an immediate impression. Whatever your motivation, if ... Gunner -- Gunner is the most popular name on this list, and it's showing no signs of slowing down. It has a ...
Really simple things to avoid when you're pregnant - Deseret News
Really simple things to avoid when you're pregnant
According to Ecology, there are 131.4 million births per year, which is about 250 every minute across the world, or four every second. That's a lot of babies. But their births are only possible because of the women who carry them. During pregnancy ...